Among the main varieties, only Malbec and red blends increased in volume.
In 2015, the amount of bottled wine brands rose to 2,681, a growth of 88 compared with 2014.
In 2015, out of the top 10 destinations, 7 grew in volume and value. The United Kingdom grew the most (+255.6 thousand boxes), United States (+156 thousand cases), China (+94.8 thousand cases) and Mexico (+77.2 thousand cases).
In 2015, bottled wine came to $722.9m with market share at 77%.
In December, Argentina’s wine industry exported 28.1 million litres valued at $70.6m.
In 2015, total wines and must exports came to $933.6m and amounted to 359.8 million litres.
This program, launched in Europe in 2008, has the capacity to adapt to different local needs and cultural identities. Through its education and information campaigns, backed by scientific data, it searches for a common message from the industry, promoting commercial responsibility in all communication and conveying the benefits of responsible consumption, as part of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
“We are absolutely committed to the goals of Wine In Moderation with whom we share the same values of moderation and responsible drinking. Working with them both in the industry and as end consumers, “said Susana Balbo, president of Wines of Argentina.
– A glass of wine is equivalent to 100 ml of alcohol. Therefore, the recommended units are:
Up to 2 units a day for women
Up to 3 units a day for men
No more than 4 drinks on special occasions
– Drink slowly, with time to enjoy the distinctive taste of each wine.
– Increase the pleasure of tasting: learning about the wine you drink, its composition, origin, etc. makes drinking more pleasurable.
– Select the wine that best complements your meals.
– Regular consumption of small amounts is preferable to consuming large amounts on a single oc-casion.
– For every glass of wine, drink two of water.
– Have food before or while drinking alcohol.
– Try not to mix your drinks.
– If you’re drinking alcohol, designate a responsible driver.